Born in 1979 in Saint-Étienne in France, this year Focal celebrates 40 years of business. To honour four decades of passion and innovation in High-Fidelity products and around the world, the brand has developed exceptional products in different collections. And to open the show, Focal presents this brand-new in-car active system: F40th, a unique kit in terms of composition (speaker drivers and electronics), performance (power and sound precision) and aesthetics.
FOCAL, A WORLD-RENOWNED REFERENCE
Since 1979, Focal’s engineers have worked tirelessly on developing cutting edge technologies. Some of Focal’s major, exclusive innovations include: creation of a pure Beryllium inverted dome for its tweeters and the use of Flax for the cones in its speaker drivers. A global success, these 100% Made in France innovations were combined with the Kanta acoustic loudspeakers in 2017, bringing incredible warmth and musical sounding to the music. After three years of research and development, the Flax sandwich cone effectively delivers one of the purest, most natural sounds. Something which has earned it several prizes.
To celebrate its anniversary with an exceptional product, Focal has now, and for the first time, integrated this ultimate Beryllium/Flax combination into an audio system dedicated to the in-car environment.
The Focal F40th kit consists of:
- 2 x 6” Flax cone woofers with a nominal power of 80 watts RMS;
- 1 x 10” subwoofer, with double voice coil and Flax cone with power of 600 watts RMS, for powerful, controlled bass;
- 2 x pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeters delivering ultraprecise treble.
- 1 x compact 5-channel amplifier (FPX 5.1200), easier to wire and powerful (2 x 75 watts RMS on the tweeters; 2 x 120 watts RMS on the woofers; 1 x 720 watts RMS) to drive the system;
- 1 x digital signal processor for optimised settings over 8 channels (DSP FSP8), enabling perfect distribution and homogeneity of the sound signal. Thanks to the fibre optic input, the resolution quality of 24 bit/192Khz keeps its promises too. And the whole thing comes with a remote control.
AN ODE TO ON-BOARD SOUND AND DESIGN
Treble, mid-range, bass: F40th renders all sound registers inside the cabin of the car with perfection for a sensational listening experience. And though the sound experience may take centre stage, the look has hardly been consigned to the back seat: this special kit stands out with meticulous design and aesthetics. The black loudspeaker bowls blend discreetly into the car, whilst the Flax cones, the brand’s signature, add an extra touch of elegance.
Availability: April 2019
For further information, interview requests, images and product samples, please contact Andy Napthine of Napthine Porter on email@example.com / +44(0)7920 425166
About Focal – https://www.focal.com
For more than 35 years, Focal has been recognized as a leader on the global stage for its high fidelity products. The French company based in Saint-Étienne, manufacturers speaker drivers, home audio and multimedia loudspeakers, car audio systems, monitoring loudspeakers and audiophile headphones. Some of our loudspeakers and technologies have become world-renowned references in the Hi-Fi industry.
All Focal products are designed and developed in France: they benefit from 35 years of innovation in exclusive and patented acoustic technologies. A market leader in France, Focal exports more than 80% of its production, mainly to Europe, North America and South-East Asia. In 2011, Focal merged with Naim Audio Limited, the leader of high-end electronics in the UK. Vervent Audio Group, the resulting holding company, has a turnover of over €85 million.