4th June 2015 – New York, N.W. – Global music and content platform TIDAL today announced availability of a beta desktop application, updated user interface and for the US-market initially, ticketing functionality through Ticketmaster and student pricing available in the coming few weeks.
The beta desktop player is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. It will enable TIDAL members to more easily access the full catalogue of over 30 million songs, more than 75,000 videos and exclusive content. In addition, the player enables members to enjoy gapless play, support for media keys and sound output management. The app detects and supports different audio sources, like Mac Airplay and Digital Audio Converters (DAC), making it easy to play the music on compatible stereo systems. The desktop player can be downloaded at www.tidal.com/download.
TIDAL members will also experience an updated design and functionality for its mobile platform, including: improved search functionality, updated menu and icons, including a prominent “offline mode” button, as well as new personalization options. These updates are a part of a series of platform improvements aimed at making it easier for members to discover and enjoy music.
Supported by Ticketmaster, TIDAL will also enable ticketing functionality, starting in the US, allowing users to view upcoming tour dates for their favorite artists and purchase tickets to upcoming shows. Through this partnership, TIDAL members will have access to exclusive ticket giveaways, presales and discounts to further bring fans closer to the artists.
Furthermore, TIDAL will introduce discounted pricing for students in the US. Users with a valid .edu email address will be eligible for a 50% discount and can subscribe to TIDAL at a discounted rate of $4.99 for the premium tier and $9.99 for the Hi-Fi tier. Students will be able to sign up at TIDAL.com in the coming weeks.
A free month of service is available to all TIDAL members. The service is ad-free and available on www.tidal.com, or it can be downloaded from iTunes App Store or the Google Play Store. TIDAL has two pricing tiers: $9.99 and $19.99 per month. Both pricing levels come with the same access to exclusive content and experiences, and the $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound, delivering the music to your ears the way the artists and producers intended it to be heard. There is no compression of the files, and the music is CD-level quality.
TIDAL is an innovative music and entertainment platform to experience and discover music from artists around the world, enjoy access to exclusive and curated content, and connect and share with artists. TIDAL is available in 44 countries with a catalog of over 30 million songs and more than 75,000 high quality videos. The service offers high-fidelity, CD sound quality, high quality video, expertly curated content and unique offline experiences for members.
For images, click here.
Notes to Editors
TIDAL music streaming experience at a glance:
- More than 30 million music tracks
- Lossless sound quality (FLAC/ALAC 44.1kHz / 16 bit – 1411 kbps)
- More than 75,000 music videos
- Curated Editorial provided by experienced music journalists and industry experts
- Dedicated apps available for iOS and Android phones and tablets
- Web player and desktop app for PC/MAC
- Partnership and integration agreements with Anthem, Airable by Tune In Media, Astell &Kern, Audeze, Audiovector, AudioQuest, Auralic, Aurender, Bel Canto, Bluesound & NAD, Dan D’Agostino, Definitive Technology, Denon HEOS, DTS Play-Fi, Dynaudio, Electrocompaniet, Harman Omni, HiFiAkademie, ickStream, JH Audio, Linn, Lode, McIntosh, Meridian, MartinLogan, Paradigm, Polk, Pro-ject, PS Audio, Raumfeld, Simple Audio, Sonos, Steinway Lyngdorf, Wadia, Wren Sound Systems, among others.
See www.tidal.com for live integrations.