30th March 2015 – Oslo, Norway – TIDAL, the first high fidelity lossless music streaming service with HD music videos and curated editorial, is now available on the Sonos Wireless HiFi system. With a TIDAL music subscription and Sonos smart speakers, music lovers can stream more than 25 million songs from your favourite artists in HiFi quality to any room in the home.
“Artists are more in tune than ever with how people are listening to their music,” said Sonos CEO, John MacFarlane. “That changes the game – TIDAL represents the future of music.”
Since launching in October, one in five songs from TIDAL have been played on home audio products – the majority of which on Sonos. “Sonos reinvented home audio for the digital age and has been a priority partner for TIDAL since day one,” said Peter Tonstad, Chief Commercial Officer at TIDAL. “We are delighted that Sonos customers can enjoy our catalogue of over 25 million CD-quality tracks anywhere in their home.”
TIDAL now appears within the “Add Music Services” menu of the Sonos app. Playing TIDAL tracks on Sonos is simple. Just select the service and enter your login credentials. Once logged in, navigation of TIDAL is fully and seamlessly integrated in the Sonos Controller App, available on iOS and Android mobile devices as well as PC/Mac computers.
As an advertisement-free, lossless, CD-quality music and music video streaming service with extensive curated editorial expertise, TIDAL is available now a monthly subscription of $19.99. Get started with Sonos smart speakers and components starting at €199/ $199 USD.
To experience high fidelity streaming, visit the TIDAL website at www.tidal.com.
Notes to Editors
TIDAL UK PR Contacts:
For further media information, please contact:
TIDAL music streaming experience at a glance:
- More than 25 million music tracks
- Lossless sound quality (FLAC/ALAC 44.1kHz / 16 bit – 1411 kbps)
- More than 75,000 music videos
- Curated Editorial provided by experienced music journalists and industry experts
- Dedicated apps available for iOS and Android phones and tablets
- Web player for PC/MAC
Sonos® creates the Wireless HiFi System – smart speakers and home audio products that let you wirelessly stream all your favorite music to any room in your home in high fidelity sound.
- Start small or go big. There’s a Sonos speaker that will fit any room in your home. Products include PLAY:1, PLAY:3, PLAY:5, PLAYBAR, SUB, CONNECT, and CONNECT:AMP.
- Stream your entire music library, popular music services, and Internet radio.
- Mix it up with different songs in different rooms or choose “group all” to hear the same beat throughout your home.
- Start with one, add more over time to fill your home with music
- Simple to set-up; control from anywhere with your smartphone, tablet or PC/Mac
- Sonos is available from retail partners around the world or direct at www.sonos.com.
- Founded in 2002, Sonos, Inc. is a privately held company, headquartered in Santa Barbara, California with offices in the United States, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Germany, France and China.