10th October 2015 – Watford – TASCAM, the brand synonymous with professional recording products, has released the US-20×20, the flagship model in its line of interfaces. With eye-catching style, a high-performance BlackFin processor and high quality microphone preamplifiers, the US-20×20 is perfect for use in any recording facility.
20 inputs and 20 outputs make for great versatility, with the US-20×20 featuring eight XLR/TRS inputs, two TRS inputs and multi-channel digital inputs via S/PDIF coaxial and optical digital connectors. High quality mic preamps have an equivalent input noise of -125dBu to ensure pristine audio quality. The versatility of these preamps enable the use of both condenser and dynamic microphones, whilst guitars can connect directly enabling the use of 3rd-party plug-in effects and a wide dynamic range easily handles the recording of drums.
Adding to the US-20×20’s versatility, it is able to be used as an interface for multitrack recording, a standalone mic preamp or a live performance mixer thanks to intelligent mode switching.
To counter latency issues occasionally found with computer-based recording, new driver software has been developed with the high-performance Dual Core BlackFin DSP processor offering high-resolution recording at up to 192 kHz/24 bit.
Tested with a range of DAW software such as Sonar, Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, Studio One and GarageBand, the US-20×20 is also compatible with iOS devices without the need for an additional audio interface.
With an angled, eye-catching design, the US-20×20 looks at home on a desktop, whilst a rack-mount adapter is also included for greater flexibility.
- High-quality Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) microphone pre-amps with ultra-low noise (EIN: –125 dBu)
- Recording at up to 192 kHz/24 bit
- Support for Windows and Mac operating systems
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 computer connection for 40-channel audio transmission at 44.1/48 kHz or 24-channel audio transmission at 176.4/192 kHz
- 20 inputs/20 outputs available at 44.1/48 kHz/24 bit (10 analogue channels + 2 digital S/PDIF channels + 8 optical channels)
- 16 inputs/16 outputs available at 88.2/96 kHz/24 bit (10 analogue channels + 2 digital S/PDIF channels + 4 S/MUX optical channels)
- 12 inputs/12 outputs available at 176.4/192 kHz/24 bit (10 analogue channels + 2 digital S/PDIF channels)
- Three selectable operation modes: audio interface, standalone mic preamp, digital mixer
- DSP mixer with 4-band EQ and compression on each input channel (can be used in Interface/Mixer mode)
- Patch bay allows outputs to be assigned freely (can be used in Interface/Mixer mode)
- DSP mixer settings can be stored in up to 10 scenes
- USB Audio Compliance 2.0 for iPads and other iOS devices
- Reverb effect can be added to the monitored audio
- Low-latency monitoring via the DSP mixer
Inputs and outputs
- Eight XLR/TRS combo jack analogue inputs with switchable phantom power (48 V)
- Inputs 1 and 2 can be used for direct guitar input
- Two TRS (balanced) inputs on rear panel
- Input level range of 56 dB for using dynamic mics
- Ten TRS (balanced) analogue outputs
- TOS LINK optical digital multi-channel input and output (8 channels at 44.1/48 kHz, supporting S/MUX2 and S/MUX4)
- S/PDIF coaxial digital input and output
- BNC word clock input and output
- Two standard TRS headphones outputs with 2 x 70 mW output power
- Separate controls for line and headphones output levels
- MIDI input/output
- DAW compatibility (Sonar, ProTools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Garage Band)
- Rack-mount adapter included
- Dedicated AC adapter included
- Angled industrial design provides excellent usability on a desktop
The US-20×20 Audio Interface is available in the UK now, priced at £399 inc. VAT.
For high-res images of TASCAM products, click here.
To download a PDF of this press release, click here.
Notes for Editors
TASCAM is the professional audio division of TEAC Corporation and has been developing and manufacturing professional recording products since the early 1970’s. Today, TASCAM’s model line up includes recording devices (both portable and static), mixers and interfaces for the professional recording and broadcasting world. In addition, TASCAM continue to develop its range of semi-pro and home-recording products dubbed Portastudio – the iconic portable recording device that has been synonymous with musicians the world over since the mid 1970’s.
For further information, interview requests, images or review products for both TEAC and TASCAM, please contact Andy Napthine of Napthine Porter on 07920 425166 / email@example.com or Joe Shillaker on 07802 867085 / firstname.lastname@example.org.