For immediate release – Watford – TASCAM, the brand synonymous with professional recording products, has released the DR-680 MKII portable multi-track recorder. Allowing up to eight tracks to be recorded in a variety of locations and environments, the DR-680MKII records up to 192 kHz resolution and features several additions and upgrades from the acclaimed original DR-680.
Following the success of the DR-680 portable multi-track recorder, the DR-680MKII now boasts a dual recording function, allowing two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels- ideal when recording subjects at different distances or volumes. With six mic inputs providing phantom power and a digital SPDIF input, HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps are a new feature designed by TASCAM with carefully selected components to ensure the recorded audio is of optimum quality.
Whilst the DR-680MKII records in WAV and MP3 formats, the unit is also able to record in BWF format, storing the recording start times in the metadata. Using BWF in conjunction with WAV formats, the DR-680MKII can create two tracks at 192 kHz and 24-bit resolution for audiophile-quality masters. Simultaneous recording of up to eight tracks at 96kHz/24-bit is also possible. Up to four channels can be recorded in MP3 format, allowing efficient control of file sizes when recording for long sessions.
Using the built-in mixer, inputs can be monitored with individual level and pan controls for each input. In addition to SD and SDHC, users can now record media to SDXC cards for further convenience.
With a built-in folding stand for table top use and an included shoulder strap, the DR-680MKII is a truly portable recorder, with extended operation time on batteries another added feature.
Changes since the previous model are marked red
- High-quality field recording
- Compact size and easy operation
- Up to 8 recording tracks
- 6 tracks + stereo mix track at up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- 6 tracks via the analogue inputs + 2 tracks via the digital input at up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- 2 tracks at 24-bit/192 kHz
- Secure and easily available SD/SDHC/SDXC recording media
- Recording/playback in uncompressed BWF or WAV format or space-saving MP3 format
- MP3 multi-track recording (2 stereo or 4 mono files)
- WAV/BWF sampling frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz
- MP3 sampling frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
- MP3 bit rates: 96 kbit/s, 128 kbit/s, 192 kbit/s, 320 kbit/s
- 16-bit/24-bit resolution
- Improved mic preamps
- Pre-recording buffer allows a recording to start before the record key is pressed (max. 2 seconds)
- Automatic recording allows the unit to start and stop recording automatically by input level
- Dual recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels
- Repeat playback feature
- Mark function convenient for moving to specific locations
- 6 balanced mic/line inputs (4 XLR/TRS combo connectors, 2 TRS connectors)
- +48 V phantom power (hardware-switchable in pairs)
- Selectable input gain on each analogue input (hardware-switchable high/low)
- Switchable low-cut filter and limiter on each analogue input
- 6 unbalanced line outputs (RCA)
- Stereo digital input and output (selectable between SPDIF and AES/EBU)
- Headphones output with level control
- USB 2.0 high-speed data transfer to PC
- Cascade feature
- Hold feature locks buttons to prevent misoperation
- Built-in loudspeaker for monitor purposes
- Powered by 8 AA-size batteries (alkaline, NiMH, lithium) or AC adapter GPE248¬120200¬Z (included)
- Extended operation time on batteries
- Optional accessory: CS-DR680 carrying case
The DR-680MKII is available in the UK now, priced at £559 inc. VAT.
For high-res images of TASCAM products, click here.
To download a PDF of this press release, click here.
TEAC UK Ltd
Suites 19 & 20, Building 6
Croxley Green Business Park
Notes for Editors
TASCAM is the professional audio division of TEAC Corporation and has been developing and manufacturing professional recording products since the early 1970’s. Today, TASCAM’s model line-up includes recording devices (both portable and static), mixers and interfaces for the professional recording and broadcasting world. In addition, TASCAM continue to develop its range of semi-pro and home-recording products dubbed Portastudio – the iconic portable recording device that has been synonymous with musicians the world over since the mid 1970’s.
For further information, interview requests, images or review products for both TEAC and TASCAM, please contact Andy Napthine of Napthine Porter on 07920 425166 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Joe Shillaker on 07802 867085 / email@example.com.